I’m uncovering better ways of working with other humans.
Through this work I have come to value:
- being specific over being generic;
- focusing on positives over picking out negatives;
- orienting towards the future over dwelling on the past;
- being open over being closed;
- thinking of things as on a spectrum over thinking of things as binaries;
- being efficient over being wasteful;
- being constructive over being destructive;
- fostering connection over creating division;
That is, while there is value in the items at the start of each bullet, I value the items at the end of the bullet more.
Note: there are eight items in this list. This lets them fit nicely into a 3x3 bingo board, with a star in the middle! ⭐️
This is a dorky riff on the Agile Manifesto. It also contains a swirling mixing pot of things from Radical Candour, self-awareness (particularly as discussed in Tara Eurich’s book Insight), and Clean Language as discussed by Judy Rees.