Day 2 was business day at t4a. Below are some brief notes from a few of the talks that peaked my interest.
- new stuff is hard, tiring
- find the elephant in the room project
- start small, focused, and isolated
- prove your approach
- have "demo friday"
The Next Billion. Delivering the Internet Revolution to the Developing World by Derek Kopke of DataWind
- mobile networks are congested
- is the US, when the cost of PCs equalled 1 week of salary, their adoption rate rocketed
- internet access helps. Indian stats have shown that distance from a big city is correlated with quality of education
- shift revenue to recurring streams
The Impact of Agile & Lean on Product Management & Innovation by Brett Steingo of Internet Solutions
- define success metrics and assumptions
- use short cycles to help your team be regular, predictable.
- 7 innovations in education
- rich media
- flipped classroom.
- mobility. Not bound to a classroom.
- MOOCS, online learning. But only about 5% completion rate.
- Gamification. Learning without realising, aiming for badges.
- Big data. Customised lessons for students.
- Social networking, social learning.
- Collaborate, share, learn