Some notes on the big picture side of presenting ideas.
A, B, C
- Asking: the statement or action you’re asking for.
- Becausing: the data and facts that explain why.
- Convincing: the response to anticipated challenges.
Four phases of learning
- Interest. Positive feelings, optimal state for learning.
- Encounter. Interesting, enjoyable, relevant, multi-sensory.
- Integration. Incorporate new knowledge.
- Application. Apply and extend knowledge.
Ingredients of Accelerated Learning
- moving and doing
- talking and hearing
- observing and picturing
- problem-solving and reflecting
Better > Worse
- Movement > Sitting
- Talking > Listening
- Images > Words
- Writing > Reading
- Shorter > Longer
- Different > Same
Training From The Back Of The Room
- to each other
- to the topic
- to learning goals and outcomes
- Teach only the need to know information
- Use graphic organisers
- Include 1 minute reviews
- Concrete Practice
- Mistakes are allowed (expected!)
- Direct the Rider
- Motivate the Elephant
- Shape the Path