This is a trimmed and jiggled version of things from a larger (and Work In Progress) list: More Accessible Products.
- Remember the Priority of Constituencies and put our users first.
- Know the Standards:
- Know the big names
- Know the technology
- Think in semantic HTML
- Understand the accessibility tree
- Understand ARIA
- Write semantic HTML
- Do Static Analysis
- Use XUI carefully
- Include a11y in Code Reviews. Check that new Pull Requests are “axe clean” (there are no errors flagged by a11y automated tests).
Add accessibility-related tests in our unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- For unit and some integration tests use jest-axe
- For End-to-End tests, use cypress-axe or axe-playwright